Thursday 25 July 2013

Memo Board

While my family was in the states in May for a family reunion, my sister-in-law had organised a girls night out. We went to this amazing place called CREATE where you can pick a project and create it in one night. They supply everything and instruct you on how to do it. True to the spirit of crafting, you are of course welcome to customise to your taste.

I decided to make a memo board. It was something out of my realm of experience and something I knew I could use.

I started off by picking the size of canvas that I wanted to work with. I then painted two coats of white in acrylic paint over the entire canvas. Thankfully, they had craft dryers to helps the paint dry quickly. I then used masking tape to create a 1" thick boarder on the outside and painted the inner portion a bright blue with three coats of acrylic.

Background

Instead of using masking tape to create the checker board boarder, I just painted in the black free hand with a ____ wide paint brush.

Boarder

The next step was to complete the lettering. I decided to try using a rubber stamp. Unfortunately it didn't work very well so I had to go over the letters with a paint brush a few times.
Lettering

I then applied the stars (puffy stickers), painted the clothespins and applied them.

Stickers and Clothespins

And finally I attached the ribbon to hang it on the wall.

Final

The whole project took about two hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment